Initial release date: June 26, 2018
Developer: Dontnod Entertainment
Series: Life Is Strange
Engine: Unreal Engine
Publisher: Square Enix Co., Ltd
Genre: Adventure game
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

SomosXbox 90
The perfect introduction for what will be Life is Strange 2, gameplay and universe with references to the saga. An emotional story with a very powerful narrative.
GamingTrend 90
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is a short and sweet jaunt through a young boy’s imagination. With simple gameplay but a wide array of puzzles and pieces to discover, you can easily get lost in this game.
GameWatcher 90
If The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit cost a bit of money, we’d still highly recommend it. The fact that it’s totally free means it’s elevated to a must-play, even if you have no plans on playing Life Is Strange 2 - and if you’re considering it, play this now. Any minor quibbles we might have, like some interactive points not being obvious, drop away when you remember that it’s free.
GamesRadar+ 90
An excellent, painfully brief piece of storytelling, with some decent characters and a lot of heart.
TheSixthAxis 90
Light on actual awesome adventuring, but it certainly has the spirit of Life Is Strange throughout and shows a notable maturity and nuance in its depiction of a troubled household.
Digitally Downloaded 90
Once again Dontnod has crafted a world ripe to explore, as it is set three years after the events of Life is Strange and still within Oregon the world is full of references to the original game, even within this brief pre-release teaser. Fans of the series will play this and find themselves completely relieved of any lingering concerns that they may have had that Max and Chloe are no longer the focus of the series, with Captain Spirit proving the Life is Strange universe - and Dontnod's on mastery over this kind of storytelling - is bigger then just the original protagonists.
Game Informer 85​
Instead of feeling like the first chapter in a multi-part story, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is more like a snapshot. It only takes a couple hours to finish, and depicts a routine day in the life of Chris and his dad. It has explicit connections to the upcoming Life is Strange 2 that have me excited, but The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit also stands alone as a clever and heartbreaking look at a kid who deserves better.
Vandal 80
SpazioGames 80
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is the great return of Dontnod into the Life is Strange franchise. It's lovely, well crafted, and touching as usual (and it's also renewed in its graphics).
GameSpot 80
Regardless of how you classify The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit--whether it's a standalone adventure, a demo, or a prologue--it's a beautiful game, and one that leaves you all the more excited about Life is Strange 2.
Shacknews 80
I walked away from Captain Spirit wanting to know more about where the story is headed, but even without the game's overt hints pointing to the eventual Life is Strange sequel, I enjoyed Chris' story for what it was. And given the current state of the world, it's nice to experience a story from the eyes of an innocent child. Captain Spirit challenges players to approach it with a different perspective and that challenge is one everyone should welcome.
Easy Allies 80
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit tells an intimate familial story about coping with loss. It speaks to the power of a child’s imagination and resilience in the face of a hopeless situation. The episode may be short, but it leaves us wanting to spend more time with Chris and the world of Life is Strange.
Trusted Reviews 80
Whether you continue the story in Life is Strange 2 or not, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit can, and will, give you an emotional trip down memory lane. It works perfectly as a stand-alone product, but there’s no doubt that it’s leading into something even better. We don’t know exactly where its sequel is headed, but the clues paint a picture I can’t wait to see.
4Players.de 77

Everyeye.it 75
This prologue will have completed its mission: to give the fantastic adventures of Life is Strange 2 the opportunity to take flight.
IGN Italia 75
Even though Captain Spirit stays in his comfort zone most of the time, there are some interesting new ideas in it. We definitely will see Chris again in Life is Strange 2, and I’m curious to see how his life will cross Arcadia Bay’s.
Multiplayer.it 70

Destructoid 70
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit functionally serves as a playable teaser for the sequel to Life is Strange. Because of this, we never get real resolution to Chris' story. It ends on a gratuitous cliffhanger, and that's so predictably frustrating. But Captain Spirit uses its two hours well to craft a narrative that leaves us wanting more. That was the whole point. Chris may be a superhero but he's also an underdog. Everyone loves a good underdog story.

IGN Spain70
Captain Spirit sets the mood for Life is Strange 2 and makes a great character of Chris. We want to know more about him and about Captain Spirit because the prologue also feels clumsy in its dialogues and narrative (maybe because of the time that last).
Gameblog.fr 70
Simple and almost trivial at first sight, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit lets the player be amazed by being so accurate. Life is Strange 2's introduction chapter gives us a glimpse of one little boy's boring Saturday morning being transformed into a space odyssey thanks to the power of imagination. Neither surprising nor challenging, the game will still easily deserves another playthrough for those whom want to witness every situation it has to offer. Too bad Captain Spirit lacks delicacy in so many ways.

Press Start Australia 70
I wouldn't exactly go so far as to call it 'awesome', it's more of an okay adventure set within an engrossing world that continues to go from strength to strength. As someone who values a game's plot, I was able to forgive some of Captain Spirit's inadequacies while I expect others might not be as magnanimous. I can say that the episode itself and its uplifting cliffhanger have left me wanting more of the indomitable Chris and his Captain Spirit.
Hobby Consolas 65
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is a small taste of the main dish. It's short and experimental, yes, but it's also free, and the decisions and actions made here will carry over into Life is Strange 2, so any Dontnod fan shouldn't miss this little story.
Push Square 60
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit thoughtfully examines a troubled childhood through the eyes of the 10-year-old living it. This non-linear episode encourages you to explore, refraining from beating you over the head with its difficult subject matter. It’s building into something, and it’s hard to determine exactly what that is with DONTNOD being so coy about its plans for the sequel. You need to really dig into this to get anything out of it, and while we found the backstories of the small cast to be well thought out, it’s hard to know what purpose they will serve yet.
VideoGamer 60
As a teaser for Life is Strange 2, Captain Spirit does its job, but here’s hoping there’s more subtlety to the writing for the next big thing from Dontnod.
====================================
متا 78

آخرین ویرایش:

K I 1 1 E R

ناظم انجمن
Feb 22, 2011
نام
∂αнмα
RPG Site 90
Like with past entries, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit shines brilliantly when it focuses on its story. This episode is as saddening as it is charming, and it balances the two magnificently while making sure to include moments of suspense and mystery.
Twinfinite 80
The story, despite being on the short side, was warm and heartbreaking at the same time, and it all comes to a head when an epic ending reveal sets up what could be an impressive and unexpected springboard for the story in Life Is Strange 2. It’s good to be back in this strange universe.
Attack of the Fanboy 80
A fun adventure with an emotional narrative, interesting characters and relationships.
AusGamers 80
Shortcomings found in the sometimes-clunky writing and overly scripted emotional moments can feel unearned or sloppy. But the spirit and charm found in the surprise-hit Life is Strange is certainly here in The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.
Xbox Tavern 85
Captain Spirit may indeed be short, but it packs one hell of an emotional punch nevertheless. The relationship between Chris and his abrasive father plays a significant role, but it’s Chris’ use of his imagination to get through day to day life that truly steals the show here. This atmosphere, grouped with the writing and the acting, makes for a very captivating two hour journey. Bring on Life is Strange 2.
Game Revolution 60
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit captures the awkward nostalgia of being a child quite well even if it falters in other areas.
COGconnected 82
Captain Spirit is an absolute must experience for those who enjoy a heart-filled narrative. It’s easy to overlook the simple character models when you understand the scope of the situation and depth of their character. With easy controls, a detailed environment, and perfect soundtrack, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is a feel-good hit that expands on the Life Is Strange universe in a beautiful way.
God is a Geek 70
The Adventures of Captain Spirit is an interesting way to generate interest in the Life is Strange sequel. Chris and his alter-ego is a likeable little boy trying to navigate a childhood filled with both imaginary and real-life monsters.

K I 1 1 E R

ناظم انجمن
Feb 22, 2011
نام
∂αнмα
IGN 70
Strong characters and environmental storytelling make The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit enjoyable overall. Despite the main objectives being underwhelming and the decisions seeming weightless, I became invested in the outcome of the story thanks to Chris’ lovable sense of wonder against a well-painted dreary backdrop. Captain Spirit makes me optimistic about what's to come in Life is Strange 2.
GameCrate 85
Dontnod clearly has a lot more heart to share and story to tell.

K I 1 1 E R

ناظم انجمن
Feb 22, 2011
نام
∂αнмα
Metro GameCentral 70
Life Is Strange gets a major upgrade in terms of visuals and dialogue, but even with all-new characters the same charm and emotional heart shines through.
The Games Machine 78
Despite some narrative clichés, the little prequel of Life is Strange 2 proves to be very effective in intensity and emotion.
USgamer 80
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is the endearing, heartbreaking tale of a kid who imagines himself to be a superhero. It's not very long at 2 hours tops, but Dontnod Entertainment uses this teaser for Life is Strange 2 to show they still have the stuff to tell a great story. Captain Spirit isn't really a complete story though and you'll leave this experience with more questions. Ones that will likely be answered in the next game.
Gamersky 80
Even though The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is more a Life is Strange 2's pre-purchase commercial than a decent complete game, it's cozy and satisfying to play because of great environmental storytelling, vivid characters, and interesting explore experience.

K I 1 1 E R

ناظم انجمن
Feb 22, 2011
نام
∂αнмα
TheXboxHub 80
After the ending of The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, I’m absolutely ready for Life is Strange 2. I highly advise giving it a go seeing as it’s free.
Wccftech 80
Simply awesome. Fans of the series know exactly what to expect while newcomers are welcomed into this world of tragedy and whimsy. It's free and fun, what more do you want?
CGMagazine 80
Captain Spirit’s use of a child’s imagination to contextualize a dark, poignant story sets up a strong foundation to build Life is Strange 2 upon.
PSX-Sense.nl 75
A fun episode that places you in the shoes of a youngster with an extremely vivid imagination. To accomplish his super hero dreams there's plenty of side quests to complete which are challenging yet fun, but there's a fair amount of trial and error involved which gets frustrating. The overall story is pretty good although it is somewhat disappointing that apparently your choices don't affect the final outcome at all.
Guardian 60
Captain Spirit is only clumsy occasionally; as a whole it is affecting, sweet and memorable. It is a free taster of a forthcoming game from the same developer, Life Is Strange 2, but more than just an advert or a demo, it is its own short story about an everyday tragedy.
BaziCenter 65
The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit is a mediocre adventure game, even though it’s free-to-play. However, if you are a fan of Life is Strange series, it can very well serve as an appetizer for Life is Strange 2.
GameSpew 80
The role of Chris in Life is Strange 2 can only be speculated, but if he turns out to be an important figure than this short title gives us a more readily available connection to him. And even if he’s only a passing character we still get the feeling of a more realised world that Dontnod has created.

کاربرانی که این قسمت را مشاهده می‌کنند

رمز عبور خود را فراموش کرده اید؟
or ثبت‌نام سریع از طریق سرویس‌های زیر